Catch Can Revisited

I didn’t think the catch would catch that much gunk from the motor – I was wrong.



It occurred to me the installation was also incorrect. What I ended up doing was create an environment where the catch can could siphon from the motor – doh!

Taking the catch can out the stuff inside really is gunk – oil+fuel+unknown. The release valve also has a slight leak which can be fixed with a little silicone.

It was obvious I did think about the issue as I created a loop in the line, I just didn’t think it through properly in what I was doing.


The new spot should keep oil happy + fuels + crap to slowly flow.

It looks like I will need to add a few more vents on the valve cover – just like what I see in magazine… 😀

DCF 1.0

The final location.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.