My little soap box of the day:
There are so many reasons these days to not go to the track.
- AutoSlalom is in need of a venue
- Club is getting political on trivial matters (IMHO)
- To be fair it seems the whole racing community – too many old guards
- Race City Motorsport Park – Uncertain future for the track
- It will be shutdown – just when?
- Angle Factory shut down – Check out www.qrgarage.ca
- Why the drama? It was a safe environment and well run.
- Lots of old school mentality and opposition
- Tuner cars is not a new phenomenon whether it be domestic or foreign
- The term “Street Racing” is now big news when we have more Drunk Driving incidents
- which comes back to Race City – we need a race track
Of course, it doesn’t help the race community that there are an increased number of individuals that rent the track and forget (I’m putting it as nice as I can) safety protocols. It’s not safe for anyone if the track isn’t being utilized in a safe manner. You end up hurting the organizations that rent the track under a banner.
It also doesn’t give any street cred to the tuners. You get the “noob” who is angst how they don’t get respect – how the racer’s look down at them. Well, yeah. That’s the harsh reality – you think that a monkey bar is going to save your life when you hit the wall – all because a real cage doesn’t look pretty. Don’t be a pretender.