We went out on an early track day for some test run and datalogs.
I learned that it was very difficult to rotate and corner 1 it would under-steer and then over-steer at slip angle. So, we kept dropping tire pressures.
The temperatures seemed fine until I started to mess with the settings to get the car under control. Sliding into the curbs would end up being a violent action; it just didn’t like curbing.
The speedometer is bending backwards at the first corner marker… it’s a little faster than my ACR.
I’m also feeling a slight lock up in the rears and I wonder if that’s what causing a kick over steer. I’m finding trail braking to be the scariest thing to do. It could be the driver (i.e. me) that’s not keeping up, but I kept trying to adapt.
Being able to drive with an LSD is pure magic. I don’t have to lift and wait, wait, wait – then power. The downside is that there is a limit and it pretty easy to find as we hit heavy boost through a corner.
As for CivicSi (Terry) – It’s too early to ask.
So what did we learn?
- Suspension needs tuning
- Water Temperature low (ok, I mean acceptable)
- 230F was max (110C); Will need to look at better cooling
- Oil temperatures are terrible
- need a way to cool the oil; 252F (122C) was seen
- Check the rear calipers
- Lots of lock up on right rear and the left rear possible
- Brake fading with HP Blue
- They turned colour (white) so we’re gonna junk them – There goes $180
- WTF is wrong with going through curbs?!?
- this is no curb hopper; very violent affair just touching the curbs
- Not being able to see the speedometer is kinda cool as it wraps to the other side
- Datalogs show 233kmh
- Need to get better at driving boost
- Heavy boost through a corner overwhelms the quaife